Friday, October 26, 2018

I WALK FOR MY MOMMA - ENDALZ

So my sister and her two daughters and I did the Alzheimer's Walk.  The facts about Alzheimer's are staggering:
  • Alzheimer's disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States
  • 16.1 Million Americans provide unpaid care for people with Alzheimer's or other dementias
  • 5.7 Million Americans are living with Alzheimer's.  By 2050 this number is projected to rise to nearly 14 million.
  • Every 65 seconds someone in the United States develops the disease.
If you are or have been a caregiver, my heart goes out to you.  You are a warrior!!  There are a lot of Facebook Groups, Live Support Groups and organizations that can help if you are caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's or Dementia.  You aren't alone.  God Bless

1 comment:

Brenda in IN said...

Good for your group doing the walk. Caregiver is the hardest thing I've ever done. I read "The Alzheimers Spouse" blog when I was going through that. It has changed somewhat but there are many tips and helpful things on it.

THANKSGIVING 2018

This year has just flown by.  Thanksgiving was fun.  I made some adorable turkey candy favors and yummy treats.